~Grab your current read
~Let the book fall open to a random page
~Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
~Share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given.
~Please avoid spoilers!

The Murder Room by PD James. I'm reading it for book club in a few weeks.
"He had booked a corner table at the Ivy for nine o'clock. They would have a late dinner and plan the weekend together." page 126
I just started reading this a few days ago and haven't read to this page yet. So, I have no idea who "he" is and "they" are. I'm not sure how to avoid a spoiler, as the instructions say. If I've not read that far, I have no idea if it's a spoiler. I'm pretty sure that teaser isn't one but, hey, maybe the murder is solved at that dinner. Now, I'm kind of curious.

I'm listening to this in my car. It's about a female private eye in 1943 NYC. I'm not quite sure if I like this yet or not. The narrator is good, which is paramount when I'm listening to book, but there is a lot of 1943 slang. So much so that it's almost distracting. I'm not "getting" if it's the way the author wanted the main character to speak as it's told in first person or if the she (the author) did so much research that she felt obligated to use it all.
This book (CD) reminds me of another series that I LOVE...the Paige Turner series by Amanda Matetsky. Yes, her name is Paige Turner...it's all explained in the books. These are set in NYC in the mid 50s with a female "sleuth" (I just love that word...lol!). Although, this series also uses a lot of period "slang", it doesn't seem as forced as the one I'm listening to, maybe, because I read those first, I don't know. I did find out, much to my disappointment, that she ended the Paige Turner series with the fifth book. They are, definitely, worth re-reading. They're a quick, fun read.

Being that today is St. Patrick's Day, it should be no surprise that I carried a green bag. I pulled out a "vintage" Dooney and Bourke All Weather Leather satchel. I love all my Dooney bags (and there are quite a lot of them...lol) but the AWL bags are probably my favorite of them all. They are just classic handbags that will last forever. Hopefully, M will come to appreciate her Mom's vintage bags and carry them, as well. They look great brand new and, almost, even better when they've "aged". The leather turns into a beautiful honey patina...just gorgeous.
I'm sitting here watching "Unfaithful". While I can appreciate how hot Olivier Martinez is in this movie, I watch it for Richard Gere. He was and always will be Zack Mayo in "An Officer & A Gentleman".

1 comment:
"Sean, " charlotte said that night, when I thought she might have already fallen asleep beside me, "Marin Gates called today". I was on my side, staring a tthe wall. I knew why the lawyer had phoned Charlotte: becasue I hadn't answered the six messages she'd left on my cell, asking me whether I had returned the singed papers agreeing to file a wrongful birth lawsuit - or if they'd somehow gotten lost in the mail. Page 149 Handle with Care by Jodi Picoult.
Interesting book and I really liked it. Very thought provoking.
Post a Comment