Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Teaser Tuesday, Twenty Five Years & LV

Teaser Tuesday~
~Grab your current read
~Let the book fall open to a random page
~Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
~Share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given.
~Please avoid spoilers!

I bought "Very Valentine" a few weeks ago and wanted to hold off reading it but, it's been calling to me :o) So, I started it a couple of days ago.

"Vecharelli & Son is a three-story stone on the end of the street, with a similar set up to our shop at home. The main entrance, used for business is a wide wooden door under the portico." page 245

I absolutely love the anticipation of starting a new book. Like most bibliophiles, I have my "TBR" (to be read) pile on my nightstand...and on my bookshelf...and on my other bookshelf...well, you get the picture. After I finish a book, I savor choosing my next literary adventure. I have a few rules that I stick to when deciding what to read. I won't read two books in a series back-to-back. I won't read the same author back-to-back. I won't read the same genre back-to-back. It would seem that my choices would be limited but, because of the variety of my TBR pile, it's usually quite the opposite. I love reading first lines, also. I heard an author, once, sadly I can't remember who, say that writing the first sentence is, by far, the most difficult part of writing a novel. The reasoning was that a first sentence can make the reader continue reading or cause the book to be tossed aside. I've been so intrigued by that comment that I will stand in a bookstore and read first lines from random novels.

I cannot even believe this but twenty five years (yes, a quarter of a century) ago today, J and I met. It was a Saturday night and my friend and I went to Thirsty's... a very popular 3.2 bar. He asked me to dance to "Burning Down The House" by Talking Heads. Ahhh...memories :o)

I carried my Louis Vuitton Mini Lin Speedy today. Although, I have the more iconic monogram Speedy, I've noticed I've been carrying this bag more. I think it's because, even though it has the LV monogram, it's a little more subtle and not as recognized. I just wish it came in the 35 or 40 size. I guess I could pare down what I carry but then...I wouldn't need a new bag :o)

1 comment:

Lori said...

I love the bag! I really want one of those because I have the same initials...LV! I should work on that!

Here's my book sentence....

The following evening, she watched the trial alone, since Jack was holding auditions at the university. She sat on the sofa as the woman who had been Bets's roomate took the witness stand.
Page 341 from The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlaine.

Like you, the night stand is packed along with the shelves and boxes. But I just love picking my next read. I love getting an email from the library telling my books are in,come get them! It just makes my day!!!