
I had lunch today at Panera. It's probably my favorite "have lunch by myself" restaurant. I always order a half Caeser salad/half broccoli cheese soup combo. To sit with that lunch and a great book (A Rather Lovely Inheritance by CA Belmond) makes me very happy. Although today was a gorgeous spring day, I had to sit inside as all the outdoor tables were already taken. I guess I wasn't the only one with the same idea :o)
While I was there, I sat across from a mom and her daughter. The girl was probably 7-8 years old. She asked her mom if she could have some Dr. Pepper. Her mom said no, that they hadn't paid for it. A few minutes later, the little girl got up from the table, walked to the pop dispenser, looked to see if her mom could see her, filled up a water glass of Dr. Pepper, turned her back, drank it down in one or two gulps and, with a smile on her face, walked back to the table...her mom none the wiser. I watched all this with mixed thoughts...as a mom, I thought that she was a rather disobedient little girl. On the other hand, I had to laugh at that little smile.
I skipped book club tonight to attend the PTA meeting. Our new Principal was introduced. While I am optimistic for next year, I was a little disappointed that his answers to our questions seemed a little cliche. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and write tonight off to nerves.

I've been looking for a black & white purse for a while now. I found this bag yesterday at TJMaxx. I carried it today but started thinking that it might be too "young" for me. Are peace sign purses just for girls M's age and her friends? Or can a "hip" (if only in my mind) mom carry it and not look like I'm trying too hard?

5 comments:
Lunch sounds heavenly! I'd love to do that. And I have a day off coming up!
As far as the bag, you carry whatever you want. As a great man once said, It's your life.......LOL Enjoy!
"As a great man once said, It's your life......."
No kidding!
I think he'd appeciate my style!
I think the bag is sweet!
but, isnt that zebra bag you *just bought black and white?
oh no I see now, that is clearly white and black and this one is black and white. how silly of me ;)
That's pretty much what J said.
See, you "get" me :o)
yes, I can rationalize practically any purchase
(says the girl with more strollers than she has children)
Post a Comment