Thursday, March 26, 2009

A Pillow, A Spoon and Backwards PJs


Put them together and what do you have?

A snow day!! The schools are closed!
Let me explain...J and his carpool friends, D and H were discussing the possibilty of having today off school if the forecasted blizzard hit. H, who reminds me so much of M, is a cute and sassy girl who makes the rides so much fun. She told the boys that the only way to guarantee a snow day is to sleep with your pajamas on backwards and a spoon under your pillow.
Huh?!? Well, she must have done it because at 6:30 this morning, we received a call from the district saying school was cancelled. Too bad it wasn't a little earlier...J had showered, dressed and was eating breakfast. It was confirmed on the local TV station. On our way, back to bed, I looked out the window. There was no snow anywhere to be seen. We were saying that it had better snow or the district would have a lot of explaining to do. The street was barely wet. By the time, I got back out of bed at 10 am :o) it was a fullblown blizzard. I cannot even see across my street to my neighbor's house.


It's kind of nice, though. We have no plans other than shoveling. So, we'll have a cozy day at home.

J and J are very excited. We're forecast to get 8-16 inches while the mountains are measuring in feet. They are definitely heading up this weekend for boarding and skiing.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Better you than me! I'm glad you guys are enjoying yourselves and making the best of it! I'm looking forward to the warm weather and getting out this weekend!