

Laura at Laura's Review (http://lauragerold.blogspot.com) is hosting a great interview with Ciji Ware as well as a giveaway for the book. Please head over to her blog to read about this fascinating book. From Ciji Ware's website... "Set in the tumultuous aftermath of San Francisco’s devastating 1906 earthquake and fire, and based on the lives of several women apprenticed to famed Julia Morgan, California’s first licensed woman architect, this historical novel tells of the fiercely-fought competition between Nob Hill hotels to re-open their doors by the first anniversary of the disaster–proving to the country and the world that the city would rise from the ashes. Amelia Hunter Bradshaw, fresh from earning her certificate in architecture at the prestigious L’Ecole des Beaux Arts in Paris, finds herself, through a series of flukes and mishaps, in the employ of the one man determined to best Miss Morgan, Amelia’s mentoress and friend. Intrigue, political corruption, and an undeniable attraction to the mysterious James Diaz Thayer threaten not only to jeopardize her personal life, but also prove fatal to all she holds dear."
I put up the two different covers of this novel because, really... I love them both. The cover on the left shows a woman who will take it upon herself to rebuild a city that she loves. The gorgeous cover on the right brings the feel of the time period and the glamour that was before the quake and what was so necessary to bring back after. Which one speaks to you?
The giveaway is open until midnight, Friday April 22nd.

3 comments:
I love historical fiction and if I could time travel this is the era I'd check out. These women who are just realizing that there is more to life than having a husband and kids throughly fascinate me.
(\___/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
alterlisa AT yahoo DOT com
http://lisaslovesbooksofcourse.blogspot.com/
LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!!!!
And I would LOVE to win "A Race To Splendor"!!! But not sure if this is where i post to be entered!?!
I love Ciji's books and can't waith to read this one. I like the one on the right. It's clean and more modern.
Post a Comment