
I began First Line Friday because first lines have always intrigued me since I heard an author say that writing the first sentence is, by far, the most difficult part of writing a novel. The reasoning was that a first sentence can make the reader continue reading or cause the book to be tossed aside. So, go to your To Be Read Pile, choose as many books as you want and share the first line. Be sure to include the title and author so that if your reader also finds it intriguing, they can find the book. Also, share your thoughts about the first line. Does it draw you in? Is it...exciting...thought provoking...scary...funny? Join in, if you enjoy first lines as much as I do! Be sure to use my great First Line Friday graphic and leave me a comment so I can read your blog! I'm not the only one with a meme celebrating first lines... Becky at Page Turners at http://pageturnersbooks.blogspot.com/ hosts Book Beginnings... check her blog, too.
1602
"Everyone has a secret."
The Tudor Secret
CW Gortner
Well, okay... then! What a FANTASTIC first line! What a way to completely capture my attention. I realize the title of the novel is The Tudor Secret and there will be secrets but to come right out and tell me that everyone has secret is, in my opinion... brilliant! Now, as I am reading it, I'm looking at each character in a different light.
I don't usually use the first line from a book I'm currently reading but I love this first line and wanted to share. I won't go into a lot of detail about this novel for two reasons. One... I'm not finished with it and two... CW Gortner will visit Bags, Books & Bon Jovi on ♥ Day with my review and something special to follow the next. So, if this first line intrigues you... as well it should, you need to stop back by on ♥ Day and meet the author of this great first line.
I know it's been a while since I posted the handbag I carried. I bought a new bag tonight. M and I were alone for dinner so we headed to Panera (of course!) and shopping at the mall. I have liked this bag for a while but I just wasn't sure if I was too "mature" ... yeah, that's a good word, I'll just stick with mature... for it. It was marked down again and I took that as a sign from the handbag goddesses :D that the bag should be mine. And mine, it is!!

No comments:
Post a Comment