
I've been on the waiting list at the library for the new Adriana Trigiani novel,"Very Valentine". Today, my friend, Lori, emailed me and said that she's enjoying it as much as "Lucia, Lucia"...yay! Just what I wanted to hear. Lori has almost the same taste in novels that I do...with one glaring exception...lol...so, I knew that if she liked it, so would I.
I decided to buy the book instead of waiting. I had a 40% off coupon and a $10 gift card to Border's. Doing the math, I figured the hardcover would cost me less than $8...great deal! Or so, I thought...the coupon expired yesterday. I called two different Border's to see if they have a "grace period" but no luck. While one manager who I spoke with was very polite and explained their policy, the other manager was rude and snippy. So, I took my business to their competitor, Barnes & Noble. I called and was told that their copy was 20% off with another 20% for members because it was in hardcover. Again, doing the math, this was a great deal as I had a $25 gift card. When, I got the book, however, the sticker said "20% off/ members save another 10%". As I checked out, I told the clerk that she should tell the staff that they're giving out incorrect information on the phone. She apologized and offered an extra 15% coupon that she had laying by the register. Cool! So, it was even cheaper. I can't wait to start reading it.

The other new book I received is a galley copy of Lisa See's newest novel, "Shanghai Girls". I signed up on a publisher's website and get new books every once in a while. Makes my day to see the packages by the door.
I also received the zebra print bag I ordered from Ebay. it's perfect! While I wanted this bag, I knew it was very trendy. I definitely did not want one that had colored trim. So, it took a while to find one but I did and I love it. It's huge, of course, and as plain as a zebra print purse can be :o). I've said it before, but a bag like this is the perfect "pop" for a solid color top and jeans. Split decision, though, on whether it's liked or not. M doesn't like but my husband does. The other kid, J, my son, could not care less!

2 comments:
I love the bag! And that girl Lori is just really a wonderful person with fabulous taste in bags & books. You should always listen to her!
You really must pass on this info on how to get these books you keep getting. You've been getting some good ones!
Post a Comment