Today is my birthday. I actually received birthday greetings via text message. While I'm not always a fan of texting, it made me laugh to receive them. Thanks, C and D :o)
I am really looking forward to two novels being released soon. There is a new "Maisie Dobbs" book..."Among The Mad". Jacqueline Winspear will be doing a signing here which I'll probably attend. I've seen her two or three times and she is a very engaging speaker.
Also, there is a new Adriana Trigiani novel, "Very Valentine". This is the first in a trilogy that sounds very much like one of my all-time favorite books(by her, incidentally)called "Lucia, Lucia". That's the good news...bad news...the other triology she wrote I hated! I couldn't even finish it. I'm really hoping this triolgy is as good as "Lucia, Lucia".

I'm re-reading an old Ed McBain "Precinct 87" mystery. Those were the first "adult" mysteries that I read. I forgot how good they are! I've put a few others on hold at the library. I'm reading "Widows" and it ws signed by Ed MaBain when I met him years ago. It's great to rediscover an old favorite.

My bag today was a new black hand-held tote by Vera Wang. It has a very subtle black logo that adds just the right amount of design. The piping and handles are black patent with the hardware in gold. I've come to the conclusion that black bags with gold/brass hardware tend to be more classic while silver/nickle hardware makes a black bag look "edgier". I know I put way too much thought into this but that's a conclusion that I've reached. Even though I have bags that disprove my theory (black bags with gold/brass that are edgy as well as black bags with silver/nickel that are very classic), I think it's mostly true!

No comments:
Post a Comment