
~It snowed here for the first time this season. My son is "jonesing" to snowboard. Yes, there are two resorts open. Loveland opened on Wednesday and A Basin opened Friday. Ski season has begun!

~The Rockies are in the NLDS against the Phillies (sorry, Lori...lol) and game 3 was supposed to be here tonight. But because of a little snow (less than an inch) and cooler tempertures (Ok, the game time forecast was 28° and falling), it is postponed. I'd call them all wimps but, really... I was more than happy to watch the game in my nice, warm family room cuddled under a blanket :o)
~M was at 6th grade Outdoor Lab all week until Thursday when we received a phone call. She was in the clinic with a fever. So, J and I drove the hour drive into the mountains to retrieve our baby :o) She has had a fever ever since... poor girl. Apparently, she wasn't the only one... the nurse told us that many kids had left OL because of illness. She doesn't have the "hiney" flu (from my favorite morning show... Dom & Jane... do you get it? H1N1... kind of clever, I think). Every year, M will have a bout with a fever and it lasts a few days. Hopefully, she'll go to school on Monday.
~I bought two books at B&N Tuesday night. I was there for book club. There was an endcap of a book that I had heard about on some blogs. It was 50% off and, basically, staring me in the face. So, I picked it up. Then, I began to wonder...why is it 50% off... it's a fairly recent release... does that mean it's not that good? I'll draw my own conclusions. Do you want to know the title or should I be like the girls in my loop and not mention it? That drives Lori @http://lori-thequeensnewthrone.blogspot.com/ CRAZY. Hmmm, I'll think about it...
~The second book is Haunting Jordan by PJ Alderman. From Amazon... "RITA-nominated author P. J. Alderman weaves present-day supernatural sleuthery with nineteenth-century intrigue in the first book of an enchanting new mystery series set in picturesque Port Chatham, Washington.
Jordan Marsh left L.A. for the quaint Pacific Northwest town of Port Chatham in pursuit of some much-needed R & R. As the prime suspect in her cheating husband’s murder, she had been hoping to immerse herself in the restoration of the charming Victorian she’d just bought—and put all talk of homicide investigations behind her. But as she soon discovers, the coldest of cases cry out to be solved, too.
For this old house comes fully furnished—with two garrulous ghosts who have a century-old murder of their own they’d like her to look into. Now, if Jordan can keep the L.A. police at bay, and sort through a suspect list of shady characters circa 1890, she might just clear a wrongly accused man’s name—and her own."
I'm really looking forward to reading this and I hope, hope, hope it's a great book, It's the first in a series and I love to read series books. There's not really a better feeling than to walk into a bookstore and see a new book in a series I love!
~I'm so completely happy that Fall is here! I have worn boots and jeans every day this week! Not only do I absolutely love my fall wardrobe, but seeing the fall colors in the mountains is always so wonderous. I hope you take a minute... or two... or three... to enjoy the beautiful fall colors.~Like I said, it's pretty cold here today and I'm CRAVING a DQ Bizzard :o) I
I'm going to try to talk my husband into making a run to DQ later. Cross your fingers that it works. My Blizzard of choice... chocolate ice cream with Butterfinger... soooo yummy!!~We've spent the day inside today. J is watching The President's Cup (there is ten hours of coverage... he's in HEAVEN!), J is doing homework and M is trying to get better. For that reason, I can't post a picture of today's bag... there isn't one. My bag yesterday, though was one of my fall favorites (although, I do carry it all year). I carried my Louis Vuitton Mini Lin Ebene Speedy 30. I absolutely adore this bag! Because I'm too lazy to go out to the car and get my bag to photograph it, I found this picture in my files.Yes, I keep random handbag pictures in my files...I'm a purse nerd of the highest order :o)
She's Sophina Brown, a STUNNING actress who starred in "Shark" along with James Woods (still a little ticked that it was cancelled). I think she looks so effortlessly chic in this picture and her bag (my bag...lol) just pulls the whole look together.
~Oh, the book that I referred to earlier... The Day the Falls Stood Still
By Cathy Marie Buchanan
What do you think?

2 comments:
I'm sure fellow Philly girl Lori will join me in forgiving you for mentioning the Phillies' opponent in the NLDS. :)
Gorgeous photos! Those mountains are breathtaking. I've never been out that way, but would love to see them in person sometime.
Hope M is feeling better soon!
I was getting ready to leave a comment demanding to know the 50% off title, but you were nice :) That book is on my wish list. It looks good.
Thanks for the beautiful fall picture. I love my fall wardrobe too.
Hope your daughter is well and back to school.
Post a Comment