Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Teaser Tuesday


I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!

Prologue...
"Physicist Leonardo Vettra smelled burning flesh, and he knew it was his own."
Angels and Demons
Dan Brown

I started reading this years ago when The DaVinci Code was released. However, I never finished it. Why? I have no idea. Everyone says it's better than The DaVinci Code. I was talking to a friend who mentioned that she had just re-read it. Since I was between good books... I wasn't reading anything that was capturing my attention... I found my copy and am giving it another try. So, far, so good. My friend, R, did say that the illustrated version is the best way to read the book. I'm on the waiting list at the library but I think I'll just order it from Amazon.
I chose this cover to put on my blog because it is an "ambigram". How cool is that?

Wow... it's been awhile since I've blogged. I've been reading other blogs but not really commenting. I need to get back into the "blogosphere". I'm not ready to blog every day like we did in July but if I set a blog goal, I'll have to accomplish it.

I carried my purple Vera Wang hobo bag today. It is absolutely the PERFECT shade of purple. I also have a black Vera Wang satchel that I love and I wish I would have bought it in that shade, too. You see, I have no problem having two bags in the same shade or even two bags in the same style but different colors. It's all about what bag is better to carry on a certain day. If I'm doing a lot of shopping, a shoulder bag is more appropriate. A lunch with my girlfriends... most definitely a satchel is a great accessory. You would think that I put a lot of thought into this, but, really, I don't :o)

2 comments:

Karen in Texas said...

I've missed you blogging Kathy. Welcome back. I read Angels and Demons a few years back and from what I remember I enjoyed it more than the DaVinci code too. I love that cover you found for A&D. That is so cool.

Anonymous said...

I liked the Angels & Demons, but not more than the DaVinci Code. I do love this cover. This is the first time I've seen in and it is very cool.
I was just thinking that I hadn't seen you in my Google Reader lately!