Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Teaser Tuesday & 100


I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
"Percy swallowed hard. She was unprepared for this question."
page 14
The Strangely Beautiful Tale of Miss Percy Parker
Leanna Renee Hieber


I was browsing at Barnes & Noble and found this book. The title as well as the cover caught my attention. Reading further, though, I realized it also has paranormal aspects to it. I don't usually read paranormals but this has so many aspects of novels I love, I'm going to try it. The setting is especially my "cup of tea". It's set in Victorian London amidst "the growing shadows of The Ripper". So, I'll read at least my 100 pages and, hopefully, it'll be great as it's the first of a series. I love series... always something to look forward to.


I did end up with a new phone. No, it's not the latest and greatest Iphone... I'm just not that cool! M actually considers it a downgrade as it's an LG EnV and I had the LG EnV2. I just like front of the new phone better. it doesn't look like a calculater :o) It's basically the same QWERTY keyboard on the inside but just better keys on the outside. I also like the color...it's an "Army" green... the same color as the Jeep
I want. Yeah, I'm "matchy-matchy" like that.

This is my 100th blog post! It is surprising to me that I love to blog as much as I do. Here's to my next 100! Thanks for reading.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 100th post and your new phone!

Jo-Jo said...

Interesting teaser...now I wonder what the question was. Congrats on your 100th entry and here's to 100 more!

Kathy said...

Thanks, Jo-Jo and Stacy!

I wondered about the question, too.