Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Teaser Tuesday


I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
"Langdon could only stare. The idea of "order from chaos" was one of the great Masonic axioms."
The Lost Symbol
Dan Brown
page 104

I am starting this book tonight. I read Angels & Demons recently and, like most readers, enjoyed it more than The DaVinci Code. I am on the library waiting list. I think I'm #339. I'm not in a huge hurry to read it so being that far down the list was okay with me.

At book club tonight, my friend, S, loaned me her copy. YAY! What a nice gesture. She is such a nice person. Besides having very similar tastes in books, she and I share a love of handbags. I look forward to seeing what she's carrying every month. I don't think she switches every day, like I do but, honestly, she rarely carries the same bag twice... to book club, at least.


Tonight, she was carrying a vintage black Dooney & Bourke All Weather Leather drawstring bag. She said it was a consignment store find. It is in gorgeous vintage condition... a little beat up with wonderfully aged patina. D&B AWL bags just get better with age... kind of like... well, you know :o)


I carried a black studded shoulder bag. It's another one of my "rocker chick" bags. There's a lot of hardware on this bag, too. Carrying this bag while wearing a pair of jeans tucked into tall black boots, a black sweater, a leopard print scarf and some black and gold chandlier earrings has become one of my favorite outfits.

2 comments:

Jo-Jo said...

Great teaser this week and I love the Dooney & Bourke! Oh how I wish I could find things like that at consignment stores! And the pic of Jon...ahhhhh.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to get my hands on this one! Loved both Davinci Code and A&D.
I'd like to see a pic of this cool sounding outfit. I'm thinking it's one I'd like to copy.