~My son had, until last night, shoulder length hair. Although I thought he looked really cute, I never said anything. We all know that it wouldn't be cool to a 14 year old to have your Mom think you're cute.
~Anyway... last night he had his hair cut. It's actually pretty short. It's not a "buzz" but it's really close. I even saved a few locks of his hair. Again, I think it looks good and this time I told him :o)
~Why did he decide to cut it? He is "shadowing" at a Catholic High School on Monday. He has to be in their dress code and his hair was too long. I thought he'd have it cut just enough to meet their "collar-length" requirement. He decided he wanted it shorter. I'm still getting used to the "new" J. He looks so grown up.
~My husband took him to carpool this morning and said that H, the girl we carpool with, started screaming with excitement when she saw J. I told him that she probably spent the entire ride to school texting all their friends about his hair. He attends a rather small school and has told me that there are two other boys with longer hair. I'm interested to hear how his day was.
~My friend's boyfriend has offered to write a letter of recommendation to the high school for J. He is an alum and runs their IT. I can't believe it. What a kind thing to do!
~It amazes me that Thanksgiving is next week with Christmas coming right on its heels. My day planner is filled and more events keep getting added. I'm sure everyone knows how that is.
~Tonight is the season finale of one of my guilty pleasures... Project Runway. This is the first season I've watched and although, I've heard it's definitely not one of the best, I really like it.
~After the finale is the finale of Models of the Runway. It follows the models that the designers use. It's catty, fun and, definitely, a guilty pleasure. So, with that in mind... I'll be enjoying another guilty pleasure while I watch... Haagan Dazs Coffee ice cream! Yeah... that's right I'll be eating ice cream while I watch size 0 models strut down the runway. Sort of defines "irony"...don't you think?!?
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I like longer hair on a guy, as I tell my husband every time he comes home with his hair cut VERY SHORT!
I love Project Runway! Who are you rooting for tonight? I think Irena is a great designer even if she's a bit obnoxious and I would wear Carol Hanna's clothes and she's so sweet. Althea is hit or miss with me. I've watched every season and I'm always sad to see it end.
I've only watched 5 minutes of the model show and decided I just couldn't get on board.
Post a Comment