Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Mah Jong and Girl Scout Cookies


I "played" Mah Jong today with two friends. Although, we usually play at least one game, it, more often than not, turns into a great time sharing with them over a great lunch at a cute bistro. Today, though, we didn't even play. One of my friends shared some pretty life-changing news. She's holding up much better than I ever would if I was in that position. I have always admired her but seeing her today...my admiration soared! She is a wonderful person and will get through this with her usual humor, sophistication and dignity not to mention her much-loved sarcastic wit!

M is selling Girl Scout Cookies. I will freely admit, up front, that I'm SO not a "rabid" seller. I won't let M sell to people we don't know nor will I allow her to sell at the booth with her other Scout "mates". I understand that the money helps the troop but, honestly, I just rather pay for those activities and such. That said, I received an email from the troop's Cookie Dad. After the first round of orders, our troop has sold something like 3200 boxes...averaging 207 boxes per girl. Great news, huh? Unless you're my daughter. She sold 78 boxes...not really helping the average, is she? Oh well, I'll take all the blame :o)

My bag today is a Dooney & Bourke black leather backpack. I love this bag. It's their great AWL and it's big enough to hold my Mah Jong books. My only complaint...it's a little difficult to get into. The front buckle and drawstring have to be undone each time.

No comments: