From the author's website... "It’s not that Binda Morningstar’s an idiot—the girl’s got more degrees than a thermometer—but there’s something about a crisis that makes her lose her mind…and accidently injure anyone within a ten foot radius. But if she’s going to rescue her boss from a cursed jewel, she’s going to have to keep it together. Unfortunately for her, the cop on the case, Corin Hawthorne, has her losing her mind and her heart…and if he gets anymore drool worthy, she’s going to lose her inhibitions, too. To save her boss and win her man, she’s got to outrun a mobster, outwit the YIFFS at a sex fetish convention, and outthink an ex-wife—and she’s got to do it all without breaking an arm or inadvertently hitting anyone with pepper spray…it’s all got Binda hoping that what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas."
About the author... "When I was little, there was only one thing I wanted to be: a superhero. But there came a day when my dreams were broken, and that was the day I realized that being a klutz was not, in fact, a super power, and my super weakness for anything bright and shiny meant a magpie with self-control could easily defeat me in a battle of wills. I turned to writing as a way to sharpen my mental super-hero skills. I don’t get to orbit the earth in a space station (and thank God, because I get sick on merry go round), but I do get to say things like: “Stand aside! This is a job for Writing Girl!!”
What Happens in Vegas is, literally, LOL funny. I read in bed every night, more often than not... annoying my husband with the turning of the pages. Well, that wasn't quite the case with this novel. Because I read it on my ereader, there was no turning pages. His annoyance came from the fact that I would randomly start laughing. What a great gift to be able to write humor effectively!
I'm not usually a fan of humorous mysteries as the humor, sometimes, seems forced or "added in". This book was real in its humor and I appreciated it. It was not slapstick but very much in keeping with Binda's adventures. Las Vegas is one of my favorite places and this novel captured it so well.
The "mystery" aspect was well-written and thought out. I didn't "figure it out" as I don't usually try to. I enjoyed this book to the end and then sat back and "put it together".
Thanks to Partners in Crime Tours and Natasha Deen for providing a copy of What Happens in Vegas in exchange for my review. Please check out their website... http://www.partnersincrimetours.net... for more What Happens in Vegas tour stops

5 comments:
Hi Kathy,
Thank you so much for the great review!
Hi Kathy,
Thank you so much for the great review--I'm so glad you enjoyed Vegas!
This sounds like a wonderful read Kathy. I'm off to the library tomorrow so I hope my library has it. Thanks also for sending Alyce my way. Hopefully I'll be able to come up with something that will work well for her. :) Hoping I can comment on here. It works sometimes and then sometimes not.
Sounds fun! Great review :)
This lloks like a fun, short book that could help me in my States challenge!
Post a Comment