
I LOVE Teaser Tuesday.
Grab your current read.
Let the book fall open to a random page.
Share with us two (2) “teaser” sentences from that page, somewhere between lines 7 and 12.
You also need to share the title of the book that you’re getting your “teaser” from … that way people can have some great book recommendations if they like the teaser you’ve given!
"DeMarco's eyelids felt coated on the inside with a layer of sand and he suspected only the odd-numbered cells in his brain were firing. It was five thirty a.m."
page 70
The Inside Ring
Michael Lawson

Great teaser, don't you agree? Who of us hasn't felt this same way at five thirty a.m.? It definitely makes me wonder who DeMarco is and why is he in such a state?
I'm not really into political thrillers but this is my mystery book club choice for September. I usually read boo club books about a week before so that it's fresh. This one, though, I'm reading early for a few reasons... it's a library book and I know a few of my book club friends are on the waiting list for it, it's a fast read and school is starting very soon and we're getting busy. Better to get it read than scramble to finish at the last minute.
Speaking of school, J and M are starting new schools this year. J will be a Freshman in high school TOMORROW!!! M will start middle school next week. Thus, the "new chapters"... lol... love the literary pun.
I seriously cannot believe that J will be in high school. I know it's SO cliche but, honestly... where did the time go?!? When did he turn into this handsome, confident young man eager to go to high school? I'm so proud of him and can't wait to watch this new chapter unfold but I still want him to be my sweet little boy who calls me "Mommy".
M and I went to her Registration today. She is attending the same middle school that J did. It's an awesome school and I know she'll have a blast! Coming into the school, she had only one friend from grade school (and two new acquaintances)so she is excited to make ne friends. She's such a social butterfly... she was introducing herself to every girl whose locker was near hers. She met K and M (twins), C and L (another set of twins), S and J. She and J were having so much fun opening their lockers that J's Dad took a few pictures of them. I have no doubt she'll be sitting at a full lunch table on the first day.

My bag today was my big black quilted tote with the chain handles. I had a bunch of regitration papers, a water bottle as well as my everyday stuff... so, the bigger, the better today. I couldn't decide between that bag and my Dooney & Bourke black satchel so I let my "Fashion Girl"
decide. She chose the tote. Wise choice... it was definitely a shoulder bag kind of day.

2 comments:
Good luck to J and M on the new school year and in the new schools Kathy. Jessie and Nicky will both be in middle school together this year. You're right about the time flying by. It seems like they were little bitty just yesterday.
I love when J & M are in the same school. That won't happen again for two more years... just more carpools :D
Post a Comment