Monday, August 2, 2010

CSN Product Review~ Sydney Love Getaway Bag





I was lucky enough to be contacted by Eileen from CSN to do a product review. I was excited be able to choose something I would love... a bag, of course!! I chose the Sydney Love Getaway Bag (http://www.csnstores.com/Sydney-Love-12001-SYV1211.html).

I was impressed with the entire process... from choosing what I wanted from a seemingly endless online catalogue to the extremely fast shipping to the bag, itself!

The first picture is from the CSN website. The second picture is my Sydney Love Getaway bag straight out of the box. It is wrapped perfectly... nothing could be scratched or ripped off during shipping. The third picture is the unwrapped bag. It looks exactly like the first picture. That's so very important to me as it's really annoying to fall in love with a picture on a website just to open the box to see something that barely resembles it. No worries, here... it was spot on!

It's definitely a Getaway Bag. It's too big to carry as a purse but absolutely perfect for a weekend "Getaway" to the mountains or maybe to Vegas! Yeah, that's right... Vegas, baby! I think I need to talk to my husband. You think he'll go for it?!? But, I'll definitely use it this winter. We ski, so, sometimes we stay up there for the weekend. This bag is just the right size for a weekend in the "hills" as my husband says :D.

I love everything about the styling. The black and gold stripe, for some reason, remind me of a Mary Poppins bag... and as a Mom, I'm always the one who ends up carrying someting from everyone! I think, though, that my favorite detail is the buckle strap. Although it purely decorative, it adds a finishing touch that I truly appreciate on bags of any price point.

It has an outside pocket on the front which, while adding to the style of the bag is big enough to be functional. There is also a full length zippered pocket on the back for travel documents, an InStyle magazine and, definitely, a book. The inside is lined with a black and gold polka dot pattern. I love lined bags... it just makes me happy to to look inside and see a pretty lining. There is also a back wall zippered pocket as well as a padded strap to carry it over the shoulder. I will probably carry this bag by the handles as I think it looks so chic. It's nice, though, to have option of a shoulder strap, if it gets too heavy. It also has four "feet" to protect it when I have no choice but to put it on the floor. The details of this bag really were thought out for the "Getaway" traveler...like me.

Thanks again to Eileen and CSN Stores(http://www.csnstores.com/) for this opportunity to review the Sydney Love (yes, I love it... sorry, couldn't resist!) Getaway Bag!

4 comments:

West Coast Beach Wife said...

I'm in love <3! Great review. I used to have a major bag fetish during school years, but have cutback. I still love a gorgeous, functional bag. Feet and inside lining?! Jackpot. <3

stacybuckeye said...

What a surprise that you chose a bag :)

Teresa said...

Great review. I'd love to get something for myself, but I think I'll end up with something for the Monkey.

Natalie W said...

What a beautiful bag! I want one. Great review.
I happened to stumble onto your site and had fun checking things out.
Love the victorian look.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Natalie :0) TheBookInn.net