Thursday, October 2, 2014

Gracepoint v Broadchurch



I watched the premiere of Gracepoint tonight with a little trepidation.

I am a fan of the British version (although I thought the resolution was a bit predictable) so I was curious to see how this American version measures up.

David Tennant is a genius actor so to see him basically reprise his role as Alec Hardy(albeit named Emmett Carver in this go round) was the high point of the premiere. Have to say, though, his natural Scottish brogue is perfection so to feel comfortable hearing his American accent may take a few episodes.

I watch re-runs all the time (you don't even want to know how many times I've seen every episode of Friends...lol!) so, knowing what's going to happen is not a bad thing. However, I felt this first hour kind of dragged. Not sure exactly why but I don't feel as invested in the new version.

That said... I will watch three more episodes (four episodes total...  just like my four chapter book rule) to decide if I will stick with it.

No comments: