From the publisher's website... "India Black uses her wit and wiles as both a madam and a spy, proving she’s the best there is when it comes to undercover work…
Drawn into intrigue by her lover Philip Barrett, India finds herself being used as a pawn to help him steal a valuable jewel. Turning the tables, she proves that India Black answers to no man, no matter how attractive he may be…"
I don't usually review novellas but when it's the latest installment of one of my favorite series...I'm all over it!!
I have followed India's adventure since the beginning and am so happy that she is back for more!
Set before Lotus House, French and her "merry band of misfits"... it tells a story of how India Black became the India Black we know and love. It was fun to read this tale from the perspective of "knowing" her now. I enjoyed reading just about her. I do love her "merry band of misfits" (yes, I love that phrase so much, I'm using it again!) but she is what makes the series and to see her before them just made me more excited for her next adventure!
In the book world... it's all about the cover, isn't it? Well, this cover is strikingly beautiful! It is my favorite of the series. I LOVE it!
After reading India Black and the Rajah's Ruby, I was so ready to read the next installment and boy, let me tell you... it doesn't disappoint! But, you'll just have to wait for that review...lol... not long, though, I promise!
In the meantime... here is the gorgeous cover of India Black and the Shadows of Anarchy...



No comments:
Post a Comment