Sunday, September 23, 2012
It's Been A While...
... would be quite an understatement, wouldn't it?!?
The summer moved at lightning speed and now we're back into the school routine. So, I thought I'd get back into my blog routine.
I've been reading a lot of great books so I have a lot of reviews ready to post in the next few weeks. It's so nice that most of them have been well-written and I haven't had to implement my 100 page rule.
My daughter has discovered my Kindle. She is in Honors English and has to read a lot of classics. Right now, she is reading Les Miserables and loves that she can search for passages or quotes on it. She is also reading The Bible for her Old Testament class and those same benefits help her so much in that class as well. There's a new(even cheaper) Kindle which is supposed to be even better than the Kindle 4 she's confiscated...lol.. from me. I will probably end up letting her keep the "old" one and I might just have to get the "new" one... sounds like a great plan, doesn't it?!?
I was so excited to receive an email from Amy from announcing that I had won a copy of The Shadow Queen by Rebecca Dean. I am intrigued by Wallis Simpson and am looking forward to reading this novel. Isn't it a pretty cover?
Speaking of ... I hope you read Amy's blog. She has the best insight about historical novels as well as interesting interviews with the authors. Check it out, if you haven't already!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Glad you're back! :) I have The Shadow Queen on my wish list. I think the title is very fitting. Congrats on winning a copy!
Post a Comment