Saturday, November 12, 2011

A Lasting Impression by Tamera Alexander


Please see Tamera Alexander's website for information about A Lasting Impression including an excerpt and information about her Facebook party and awesome giveaways!

I have always been intrigued with Civil War novels as well as the rebuilding efforts after the war. Throw in art forgery and I'm hooked! This novel has all of that and a love story that, while I knew it would end happily, kept me guessing at times.

I have read several Tamera Alexander novels and have decided that while she is a fabulous all-around author, in my opinion, she excels at creating characters that leave "A Lasting Impression"... lol! There are characters from her novels that I think about from time to time. What a talent to be able to do that... and Claire and Sutton are characters that, I know, will stay with me. Because A Lasting Impression is the first in a series, I hope that I will meet them again in the next novel. I LOVE when I'm reading a series and characters "jump around" in them... that's how life is so, it makes sense that that's how series novels should be!

I have not visited Nashville... other than a quick stop in front of the old Ryman Theater (home of the original Grand Ole Opry) on our way to Charleston, SC... so the settings and descriptions of the beautiful mansions made the perfect backdrop for this story that drew in some many elements.

Thanks to Amy at Litfuse for a copy of A Lasting Impression in exchange for my review.

3 comments:

Carol said...

That is a good looking cover.

New author to me. I have not read anything from this era, but do love historical fiction

carol

Carin Siegfried said...

I am from Nashville and while I likely won't read this (not a romance reader), I am happy to see a book set in Nashville that has nothing to do with country music! The city has such as rich history (well, rich for America) and so many other neat things there, it's very nice to hear readers will be introduced to some of them and see another side of the Athens of the South (yes, that was its first nickname LONG before Music City. Which is why we have a Parthenon.)

Anonymous said...

A good friend just moved to NAshville and I would love to visit. With a little one the planning is a little more challenging than before, but I do hope to get down there soon.